BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: controling the clutch  (Read 587 times)

mudauber

Re: controling the clutch
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »
JK's do have an electronic throttle....but some programmers allow you to "idle up" for crawling.  Not sure when JK's started doing this but my brake will hold on a hill while I work the clutch and throttle to get moving.  A very handy feature both on and off road.  In 4-low I very seldom use the clutch.  Even on my CJ, without the new bells and whistles, I never "smelled" the clutch.  Of course I was younger then and the skinny pedal was always down.

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 10:31:42 PM »
In 2009 the JK's got the "Hill Assist" feature. You stab the brakes and it engages the brakes for about 10 seconds before releasing them or until you begin to move. I have an '08 so don't benefit from that feature. The key that I find matches what a few others said... deep gearing and good feel for where your clutch begins to grab.  As I stated before, you can slowly release the clutch to the point that you preload the drive line, once preloaded, releasing it a bit more with the brakes at the same time will act the same as releasing the brake on an auto and hitting the gas.

There is an electronic hand throttle that is offered by some aftermarket company that can be used. Not sure how well it works. 
JK-AJ

Offline BlueJew

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
It's skill and that's a direct connection to seat time.  I ran the stock clutch up until march and never had issues.  Replaced with the luk and its the same just the engage is softer, a little more direct and not as high on the clutch pedal. 
Blue Wes

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM