BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: More Jeepforum Madness  (Read 827 times)

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
More Jeepforum Madness
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:11:12 AM »
This is getting real good around page 23-24. I think I am just in the mood today.  ;D

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/35s-larger-3-less-lcg-jeeps-685821/index24.html#post8909497
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

RotorHead

Re: More Jeepforum Madness
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 09:41:45 AM »
Cliff notes?

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 09:55:59 AM »
Stays on topic until this comment....

Originally Posted by Bennettj13  View Post
Ok, not to get too far off track...

What I am getting at is that people that claim thier budget boost with a body lift and 35's is LCG are wrong. All it is is the absolute cheapest and most reckless way to run 35's possible.

So I replied nicely...

You are right it can be cheap, but can you explain reckless?

3" of lift is more than enough lift to fit 35s without sacrificing safety. Please use some facts to back up your accusations

I wasn't talking about lift height when I spoke of being reckless. I run 4" with a BL on top of that. But my Jeep is built for that, and is bullet proof for 35's. And once I upgrade my steering and brakes again, it will be set for 37's.

I was talking about reckless as in not upgrading steering, brakes, and making sure your jeep is up to the task in general. I could give a **** less about your safety. Do what you like. But my wife is on the road too. I don't want her ran over by some ******* who wanted to cut corners because "Oh, I'll get better pads and rotors when these wear out" or "The steering on my 99 is FINE for 35's. It's only had 11 years of wear on it, and I DID put that zj tie rod on. I'll be fine." That fact enough for you? Are you going to tell me that there aren't plenty of new guys that don't know any better (and some old guys that do), saying just this?

The purpose of my rant earlier was to show the newer guys that were reading this that there is more to LCG than just little lift/big tires. There is a lot more. And it's not fair to them for a bunch of people to keep propagating bad information on the subject. Yes LCG builds are great when they are done right. There are a great many ways to achieve your LCG build. I'd just rather see people do it right, or not at all. Or, if you are going to do it wrong anyways call it "little lift, big tires" or whatever. But don't sully the name of LCG with something poorly built.

Again, my .02.

Then I took it to a new low....

I could give a **** about your wife's safety

Just my .02'

BTW my 99 steering is just fine with 35s so are my stock brakes. I am actually considering downgrading my brakes to something alot smaller, you know to save weight.  {hardlaugh}

Typical jeepforum stuff. More people have ideas and dreams of what they think other people should do to there jeeps, but dont have actually have real world experience to back it up.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:59:06 AM by Matt »

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 01:13:21 PM »
I am knee deep in douche bags over there. I just found out that I do not know anything about jeeps, by some guy on JF.   :D

I think I am going to jump off a bridge.   {popcorn}

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline tjl1388

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »
Liberal mentality.

I don't like the way your doing it even though it works for you.... so let me TELL you how it needs to be done because I think it is the right way to do it.

And then..if you still won't see it my way I will call my buddies the moderators and they will ban your for having an opinion different than mine.

Does that about sum it up??
Just another grocery getter with some lockers....
It is all about the U

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 02:21:24 PM »
I see you have been on Jeep forum.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Richmon

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 02:37:28 PM »
I have been following the thread since you initially posted.  I wonder what the definition of LCG is?  Is it dependent on the model of Jeep (i.e.- TJ is different that JK).

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »
Everything has a Center of Gravity. So not matter what you drive there is a way to effect where that center of gravity is. By lowering the vehicle, adding track width, adding wheelbase or the opposite you can alter that center of gravity. The lower it is the more stable it will become.  The goal would be to keep a low center of gravity while adding ground clearance and down travel. However there are many obstacles to over come when doing it. The thread I posted was not a discussion of what it takes to create a LCG rig. If I wanted that I will stay on Pirate. Just to post pictures of these vehicles for me to drool over and get ideas. As with anything there is a mild side & a wild side. I think this guy missed the point.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »
I quit going on there because of reasons similar to that.
Perry

mdo817

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 03:31:04 PM »
I think you got soft in your last post Matt. ;D

mdo817

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 03:43:32 PM »
I posted in there again about lots of lift being cool. {toast}

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders